FOUNDING AND LEAD PASTORS
PASTOR + DIRECTOR OF CONNECT GROUPS
GARY DELAY + JAN DELAY
BA.TH., B.S.ED, M.ED., M.TH.
Pastors Gary and Jan Delay have served in ministry since 1985 and were led to pioneer Transformation Church of Lubbock in 2015. Pastor Gary has a background in business and founded Transformation Ministry, a biblical mentoring program that began over 30 years ago. The hand of God works in people’s lives to heal and restore them as they began to honestly deal with their life issues.
Pastor Jan Delay received her undergraduate and graduate degrees in education from Texas Tech University. After more than 20 years of teaching, she retired from public education and earned undergraduate and graduate degrees in Theology from Life Christian University. She is currently working toward her Doctorate Degree in Theology from Life Christian University while assisting Pastor Gary Delay in the ministry. Pastor Jan established Life Christian Bible Institute, a campus of Life Christian University, in 2016. Together their hearts are for every generation to find a personal relationship with God, the Holy Spirit.
Pastor James Tobar has been a worship leader for more than 30 years. His heart is to continually seek the presence of God through passionate, spontaneous, and relentless worship that flows from the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Pastor James has a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology,
Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Counseling, and is currently working on his Master’s Degree in Theology from Life Christian University. He is also an instructor for Life Christian Bible Institute of Lubbock. He believes that connecting and building relationships with others is very important. Pastor James actively creates life in communion with others as he oversees our Connect Groups. He enjoys spending time with his wife, family, and friends.
WHO WE ARE
We are a Word and Spirit church that focuses on being relational, while equipping the body. Our mission is to equip the saints and do the work of the ministry.
We believe that the Bible is the infallible Word of God. Infallible meaning:
1 absolutely trustworthy, for sure; 2 unfailing in effectiveness or operation, it is certain.
• John 17:17 (ESV) - Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.
We are led by the Holy Spirit both in and out of the church and want to introduce you to Him. We know this is the most important relationship anyone can have.
• John 14:26 (ESV) - But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
We care, so we connect. Our heart is to build relationships that create community. We believe we can learn from one another and want to do life with you!
• Ecclesiastes 4:12 (ESV) - And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
We want to prepare people to make decisions of life, led by the Holy Spirit. We believe that applied truths can make you successful.
• Ephesians 4:12-13 (ESV) - to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ
We always strive to do the best with what we have. We do things with our whole hearts and give 100% to the moment.
• Colossians 3:23-24 (ESV) - Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
We believe that God is speaking to ALL generations. Through the blood of Jesus we become brothers and sisters. Welcome to the family!
• 1 Corinthians 12:27 (ESV) - Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.
COME AS YOU ARE, LEAVE TRANSFORMED
6th - 12th grade
Call the Church Office for more information!
Bringing People Together
We believe God created us to live in relationship. With God (the trinity) and with others. Only then can we live the full life He intends for us. Sharing life through relationship is part of our design, but meaningful relationships aren’t always easy to find. That’s why Seasons exist—to make these life-changing relationships relevant and accessible to you.
When you identify to an age bracket, you are very limited on your effectiveness. Some people start having kids at 19, where others have them at 32. Which means some may be grandparents at 42, when others become grandparents at 62. These are two completely different ages, but yet the same season. Some 19 year olds are in college, and some are starting families. These are two completely different seasons.